How to get here
City Airport is conveniently located just 5 miles from Manchester City Centre, close to Junction 11 of the M60 on the A57 Liverpool Road.
For further details and contacts for various transport links, click here.
By Bus and Train
City Airport is situated on the main Manchester – Warrington bus link. Regular buses (numbers 67 and 100) operate along the A57 (Liverpool Road) at the airport entrance. Many of these bus services also pass Irlam and Eccles railway stations and also the Eccles Bus/Metrolink Interchange.
To slight at the airport via bus;
– Travelling Eastbound towards Eccles, there is a stop directly outside the airport entrance
– Travelling Westbound towards Warrnington. Alight at the stop for the A J Bell Stadium, cross at the crossing and the airport is approximately minutes walk.
For details of buses and trains, please visit www.tfgm.com
From the M60 Motorway, take the turnoff at Junction 11. At the roundabout, take the A57 towards Irlam. After a short distance the road becomes a Dual Carraigeway. You will see the Airfield buildings on the right. Take the next turning (signposted Barton Aerodrome).
If you are travelling from the Warrington Direction, following the A57 towards Eccles, the turnoff for the airport is about 1/2 mile after the Junction for the Macro Retail Building (on the right). You will then see the Airport Garage and the airport entrance is a left turn immediately after this.
City Heliport and Business Centre
Taxis and Car Hire
Lynch Private Hire – Taxis, Executive Hire, Minibuses
Tel: 0161 661 7777 or 0161 793 6677
- Fuel Price Changes April 2, 2015
- Revised charges, 1st April 2015 April 1, 2015
- City Airport Vacancies March 31, 2015
- City Airport and Heliport praised in UK Government’s General Aviation Strategy March 29, 2015
- City Airport and Heliport – Summer Opening Hours from Sunday 29th March March 22, 2015
- City Airport announces runway improvement and extension project March 21, 2015
- Fuel Price changes March 4, 2015
- Soul Music nights at Runway 26 Cafe Bar March 1, 2015