For many people travelling to City Airport and Heliport by road will involve a journey on the region’s motorway network – we are located less than a mile from Junction 11 of the M60, meaning that for the most part journeys to and from the airport are fast and trouble free; however in peak times congestion can occur and therefore the Highways Agency will be commencing work in the Summer of 2014 to introduce a ‘Smart Motorway’ scheme between Junction 8 of the M60 (Carrington) and Junction 20 of the M62 (A627(M)).
The Manchester Smart Motorway scheme is designed to alleviate congestion by using technology to control traffic, vary speeds and create additional capacity between M62 junctions 18 & 20 by turning the hard shoulder into a permanent running lane.
As part of these plans the Highways Agency is holding a series of exhibitions in June to let as many people know about the scheme as possible.
The Highways Agency have asked City Airport and Heliport to help publicise these events and the scheme in general to our customers. If you would like more information, please or details of the exhibitions please visit the Highways Agency Website by clicking here .
- Avgas & UL91 – Pay at Pump fuelling from 1st December November 23, 2014
- City Airport supports Key103’s Mission Christmas Appeal November 16, 2014
- Fuel price changes November 3, 2014
- Flying Lessons & Pleasure Flights – The perfect gift for Christmas ! November 2, 2014
- A day in the life of our RFFS and Airfield Operations Team October 30, 2014
- Amended Airfield Operating Hours from Sunday 26th October and a reminder about Clock Change October 25, 2014
- Runway 09R/27L and 09L/27R – Change in Runway Designations October 24, 2014
- Airport Emergency Exercise – Wednesday 15th October October 11, 2014