For many people travelling to City Airport and Heliport by road will involve a journey on the region’s motorway network – we are located less than a mile from Junction 11 of the M60, meaning that for the most part journeys to and from the airport are fast and trouble free; however in peak times congestion can occur and therefore the Highways Agency will be commencing work in the Summer of 2014 to introduce a ‘Smart Motorway’ scheme between Junction 8 of the M60 (Carrington) and Junction 20 of the M62 (A627(M)).
The Manchester Smart Motorway scheme is designed to alleviate congestion by using technology to control traffic, vary speeds and create additional capacity between M62 junctions 18 & 20 by turning the hard shoulder into a permanent running lane.
As part of these plans the Highways Agency is holding a series of exhibitions in June to let as many people know about the scheme as possible.
The Highways Agency have asked City Airport and Heliport to help publicise these events and the scheme in general to our customers. If you would like more information, please or details of the exhibitions please visit the Highways Agency Website by clicking here .
- Runway 09R/27L and 09L/27R – Change in Runway Designations October 24, 2014
- Airport Emergency Exercise – Wednesday 15th October October 11, 2014
- Special Offer – Base your aircraft for FREE ! October 7, 2014
- Flight Safety Evening – 14th October September 15, 2014
- North West Air Ambulance move to City Heliport September 13, 2014
- £5,000 Donated to North West Air Ambulance Charity September 9, 2014
- Fuel Price Changes September 9, 2014
- Fuel Price Changes September 3, 2014