City Airport offers Landing Contracts to individual Private Pilot Licence holders of Fixed Winged Aircraft.
Unlimited landings at City Airport for 12 months.Benefits Include:
- Additional Free Landings at other UK Aerodromes*
- Additional loyalty benefits within Runway26 Cafe/Bar (to be introduced late 2016)
Please note the following restrictions apply. (See below for full Terms and Conditions)
- The Card is for individual use only when you are acting as Pilot in Command. It is not transferable to other persons.
- The Card may only be used for private fixed winged or gyrocopter flights that are not used for hire and reward, and not for any other form of commercial use including initial PPL flying training or maintenance flights.
- Mis-use of the card may result in cancellation of the contract. No refunds will be given.
- * Additional Free Landings at other UK Aerodromes as listed are subject to change or cancellation at any time. Please check this web page for details of the current benefits that are in place.
A Landing Card costs £385 inc VAT and can be purchased from the Control Tower reception.
If you currently have a Landing Card which is due to expire, as long as you renew within 14 days of the existing expiry date you can renew at the discounted price of £365 inc VAT.
Helicopter specific Landing Cards are available on request similar to the terms above. Contact us for more information. Helicopter Landing Card holders can also take advantage of the free landings published below. (some airfields may have restrictions, please PPR and check first)
Free Landings for Landing Card Holders
Landing Card holders can obtain free landings at the following UK Aerodromes on production of their valid Landing Card.
(list updated 5th October 2013)
Please note that these entitle the holder to one free landing per visit and do not include any touch and go’s. The flight must originate from City Airport (en-route stops may be permitted)
Please sure that you PPR.
Click the airfield below to visit their website for more details.
Pilots who are members of the above flying clubs can obtain free landings at City Airport in accordance with the following;
a) valid for Direct flights between the airfield and City Airport, ie ‘the Aircraft must have originated at the relevant airfield.
(En-route stops eg for fuelling permitted)
b) Excludes commercially operated and/or training flights.
c) Only one free landing permitted per day per membership card.
d) Excludes any touch and go charges which still apply.
e) A Valid membership card must be shown.
Please PPR with us prior to your arrival. To claim your free landing, please book in at the Control Tower reception after landing.
Landing Card Terms and Conditions
- The contract applies to Landing Fees and Car Park charges only. The possession of a Landing Contract conveys no right for airfield parking or other airfield facilities that attract charges by the Airfield Management.
- The Airfield Management may apply additional benefits for use on the Landing Card which may be altered, or withdrawn at any time.
- The contract is not transferable to other individual(s).
- The contract will expire 12 months from the 1st day of the month in which it is purchased. Landings may be claimed on the Landing Card (subject to these terms and conditions) from the date on which the landing card is issued. No refunds will be issued where any portion of the contract is not used.
- No more than one landing card contract can be held at any time. Renewal of a landing card will be charged at the rate applicable at the expiry date of the existing landing card contract and will be valid for 12 months from the previous expiry date.
- Any abuse of the above terms of the contract will result in cancellation of the contract. The Airfield Management will notify cancellation of a contract in writing. No refunds will be given. The Airfield Management’s decision is final in this respect.
B) Landing Card:
- The contract is available for individual PPL holders only and may only be used by that individual operating as P1. Student pilots are not eligible for this contract. It may only be used for private fixed wing aircraft movements not used for hire and reward and not for any other form of commercial undertaking including flying training and maintenance flights unless specified below.
- The contract is between a specified individual and the Airfield Management. It may not be used for flights conducted in aircraft that belong to or are operated by a fixed wing aircraft training establishment (based or non-based) used for the purposes of ab-initio training. Post PPL training may only be undertaken where the pilot under instruction / training is the individual in whose name the contract is written.
- To benefit from the terms of the contract a valid Contract Landing Card must be presented on landing at the Control Tower Reception. The card must be validated by a staff member. Where a valid Contract Landing Card is not presented, the company reserves the right to charge landing fees at the published rate.
- By applying for the Landing Card Contract, compliance with the Airfield Terms and Conditions and operational requirements specified in the Airport’s Pilot Handbook is mandatory. Failure to comply may result in withdrawal by the Airfield Management of the Contract with no refund for any period of contract unused. The Airfield Management’s decision is final in this respect.
- The Landing Card Contract allows unlimited landings (including any associated touch and go’s) at City Airport in accordance with these terms.
C) Car Parking:
- The Landing Card Contract includes use of certain car park facilities.
- The provision of key fobs and access to the car park is provided for that individuals use only. All access to/from the car park is recorded. Anyone found to be allowing unauthorised access to any other individual may have their key fob cancelled / withdrawn. There will be no refunds should this be found to be the case and the individual would then be required to use the visitors car park only, paying standard car parking charges as applicable.
- A refundable deposit is payable for the issue of a key fob. Key Fobs remain the property of The Airfield Management.